Portland Jetta TDI Cup Race

Want to push your car and yourself to the limit?
CalebKenneyRaci
Forum Member

Portland Jetta TDI Cup Race

Postby CalebKenneyRaci » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:19 pm

Hello all,

This coming weekend is going to be the only west coast stop for the 2008 Volkswagen Jetta TDI Cup! After a long summer break, the series is back in full swing and going to be supporting a range of events like the Playboy MX-5 Cup, Star Mazda Championship, Time Attacks, Drag Racing, and Vintage Racing. I'm really excited to get back into the race seat and feel confident.

I just launched a Facebook fan page, so if you have a Facebook account please come and be a fan! I'll be updating it from when I leave Friday to the results of the race on Sunday. You can go to my page and see the progress of the weekend as it happens! Thanks guys and I hope I can show well for NorCal VW!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Caleb-Kenney/21440966842
-Caleb Kenney
Driver of the #39 GoPro Jetta TDI Cup Racecar
http://www.calebkenneyracing.com/
http://www.goprocamera.com/
http://www.vwmotorsportusa.com

lunisport

Postby lunisport » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:23 pm

I'll be in Portland, but won't be done until ~5pm on Sunday. Have a great race, maybe we can hook up post race? I'll be staying in Downtown Portland near the Rose Center. Hit me up, red.r32@gmail.com or 415-990-4521 and maybe we can arrange to get together. Have an awesome time!

CalebKenneyRaci
Forum Member

Postby CalebKenneyRaci » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:56 pm

Sounds good. I don't leave until Monday so I think we could make something happen! We also walk the track, practice, qualifying, and autographs all on Saturday. I have two passes, so if you're free on Saturday your free to come by! Just let me know so I can set you up: 510.499.0206

lunisport

Way to go Caleb!!!

Postby lunisport » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:36 am

Congrats to Caleb this weekend! Sorry I couldn't watch your victory this time around! Here's an article from Caleb's FaceBook Fan Page:

Caleb Kenney Claims Another Top-10 at Portland International Raceway

Yesterday at 8:43pm

Caleb Kenney Claims Another Top-10 at Portland International Raceway
July 30th 2008

Portland, OREGON – This past weekend, Volkswagen Factory Driver Caleb Kenney had a good run in the #39 GoPro Volkswagen Jetta TDI to finish inside the Top-10 at Portland International Raceway. Kenney started off the weekend with a 30 minute free practice on Saturday morning where he placed inside the Top-10. Great weather graced the flat Portland circuit with clear sky's and mild temperatures offered drivers fast track conditions.

"I really like the track" stated Caleb Kenney after free practice, "I've never driven here before and to start the weekend inside the Top-10 after a long summer break feels really good. Hopefully qualifying goes well and I can continue the success I've had in the series so far."

Qualifying took place on Saturday afternoon but Kenney's luck would not be prevalent as a slower driver impeded his fastest lap in qualifying, denying him a Top-10 starting position. With the Top-20 drivers separated by only 9 tenths of a second in qualifying, Kenney was relegated to the 18th position for the start of Sunday's race.

Sunday hosted the race portion of the weekend and when the field of 30 factory backed Volkswagen Jetta TDI's took the start, Kenney was able to make up a few positions as the entire field got though turn one without incident. Kenney used tire strategy and kept focus over the entire event to storm his way through the field and finish in the 9th position.

"I had a great time racing out there! I had to start deep in the field due to some bad luck in qualifying but that's racing. I just put my head down got inside the Top-10 about halfway through the race. I was running the pace of the leaders once I was in clear traffic but they had already established a good gap and I couldn't make up any ground. All things considered, finishing in the Top-10 was a great result and I'm happy to come out with some good points towards the championship." comments Caleb Kenney.

Caleb Kenney now sits sixth in the overall points championship and is sponsored by GoPro / GoProCamera.com, Volkswagen of America, the Jim Russell Racing School, Molecule Labs, Sparco USA, COMET Skateboards, and Cytomax Performance Drink.

Caleb Kenney will next race in the fourth round of the 2008 Volkswagen Jetta TDI Cup at Lime Rock Park, August 16th and 17th. For more information, please visit http://www.calebkenneyracing.com/

--

:clap:

Turtle-Dude

Postby Turtle-Dude » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:58 am

Nice diggin' in Caleb. :thumb:
Turtle

Thanks to:
Techtonics Tuning

Check out:
United States Naval Sea Cadet Corps

aggiepm wrote:What is Quaife? isn't that a vaginal fart?

Return to “Motorsports”