Ipod w/out head unit.

Boom boom boom!
jo mang
Forum Member

Ipod w/out head unit.

Postby jo mang » Fri May 01, 2009 10:16 pm

So i wanna hook my ipod up to an amp and a speaker box. Can it be done? How? Any1 done it? etc.

Thanks.

omllenado
Forum Member

Postby omllenado » Sat May 02, 2009 6:42 am

of course, rca ends that connects to the amp.

oldskoolvwlover
Forum Member

Postby oldskoolvwlover » Sat May 02, 2009 9:24 am

lots of people do it.... I will say it's not my preferred method. Mainly for controlling of the sound input, even if you only plan on listening to your ipod only, you lose the ability to equalize and fade. My preference is a deck with an accessory input/ipod control... so I can still control basic function from the deck and still have the option of other features.

oldskoolvwlover
Forum Member

Postby oldskoolvwlover » Mon May 04, 2009 5:46 pm

iwanaleya wrote:Not really J, you can use the EQ that the iPod comes with(or if you are like me you have an EQ inline that controls your volume)... and while not great it is better and perfectly suited for a barebones system like this. The main reason I am using this setup is because I already had the parts laying around and I am cheap trying to find a good deal on a Nakamichi or Alpine deck :-p

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4222345

werd if you've got the parts it's a simple and easy setup..... I just couldn't imagine buying an EQ to not run a deck, or attempting to use the EQ on the IPOD.

Mine was more of a simple statement, of if you are buying all the parts and doing the wiring, I don't think it's worth it. Since you can cheaply buy decks nowadays that will do the same thing.

Return to “Car Audio & Electronics”