Evolution vs Creation

Community Chatter
vwabbitman
Forum Member

Postby vwabbitman » Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:16 am

ill just copy my reply from eurogfi

my thing is this,

ok religion has words, words change over time. has anyone present day ever met god of jesus or found any cold hard proof that he existed other than words. but evolution has fossils and skeletons and dig sites and stuff like that to prove evolution and we can tell almost exactly when a animal died and sometimes why.

dont ask me to explain myself because i wont. i hate getting into evolution/creation arguments so dont bother bugging me about it.
www.humboldtvw.net
I hate hearing myself think when i drive...-tryNrunME
Im going on a bikeride, unless I change my mind before I get outside... :thumbup:-DubsportGTI
My Cars
BUY MY MKI PARTS

snowfox
Forum Member

Postby snowfox » Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:57 am

Creation. Get over yourself - you're not all that.
1989 Fox Wagon GL
2.0 ABA - GTI head - Hydro "G" - big TB - TT pipes - E30 Mounts - PSA 5spd - Neuspeed Coils - Bilstein Sports - Ronals - 10.1's - ADDCO bar

snowfox
Forum Member

Postby snowfox » Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:06 pm

motorwerks wrote:Ok so Explain your self instead of throwing out insults.

OK.

"There is nothing bigger than ourselves ie god."
Describing yourself as being the highest form and that there is nothing greater is the ultimate expression of ego. Again, get over yourself.

Until science can prove a method of spontaneous generation, i.e., making the animate from the inanimate, the breath of life is required.

It's interesting to me that a 'scientific theory' of evolution that has many gaps and extrapolates its conclusions regarding the beginning is presented as a 'proven fact'. As an engineer, I can not take a relative handful of data points at one end of a series (i.e. 'the last several million years') and extrapolate to provide any meaningful or conclusive data regarding the preceding infinite series (i.e. 'the several billion years before the data points'). It is the only scientific theory I am aware of that is allowed to be presented as fact and that students must learn as required curriculum despite the unproven nature of its tenents.

Additionally interesting is Evolutionists' resistance to the law of entropy in biological thermodynamics. Simply stated, entropy, the disorder of a system, will continually increase. In short, things de-volve rather than evolve. This is in direct opposition to evolutionary theory that organisms continue to evolve into more complex species.

No matter how far back you go, you will never find the single celled amoeba in my family tree.
1989 Fox Wagon GL

2.0 ABA - GTI head - Hydro "G" - big TB - TT pipes - E30 Mounts - PSA 5spd - Neuspeed Coils - Bilstein Sports - Ronals - 10.1's - ADDCO bar

zuhaelter_82

Postby zuhaelter_82 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:19 pm

like i said in the other forum... bible = best seller turned cult classic. and this is coming from a catholic :p
1959, 1964,1998, 2000, 2001

Turtle-Dude

Postby Turtle-Dude » Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:27 pm

zuhaelter_82 wrote:like i said in the other forum... bible = best seller turned cult classic. and this is coming from a catholic :p

Yup...the good book is a good book. Written by men with agendas. Follow the 10 commandments and you are probably doin' ok.

I don't think evolution necessarily dictates that a species evolve into something MORE complex at all. I think evolution just means change, both randomly and for a specific purpose...shape of beak, humans getting taller, etc.
However, I personally believe "the spark" can't be recreated by science. Snowfox called it "breath of life" but that's not quite right in a human unless you consider two cells able to breath amniotic fluid. But the spark that makes those cells divide is pretty darn amazing and un-recreated in science to the best of my knowledge.

My great Grandparents 1M times removed were single celled organisms though. What caused them to be an organism was a higher power.
Turtle

Thanks to:
Techtonics Tuning

Check out:
United States Naval Sea Cadet Corps

aggiepm wrote:What is Quaife? isn't that a vaginal fart?

HumboldtCorrado
Forum Member

Postby HumboldtCorrado » Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:21 pm

hah, i bet he feels like a douche now. :OWNED:

SkunkWerks
Forum Member

Postby SkunkWerks » Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:28 pm

I have this theory. There is an all-knowing, all-seeing, omnipotent being or beings that have created everything we know. They are smart enough to think of evolution (and de-evolution!) and they know enough to make it all work, scientifically and spiritually so that we can come up with the theories that people have come up with.

I don't understand why people think that the God that created us are only as smart (or, in our case, dumb) as we are. If a being is all powerful it should also be all knowing in every aspect of everything and should have all the bases covered.
'06 Jetta GLI

RIP - '98 Jetta TDI

InsidiousR32

Postby InsidiousR32 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:22 pm

snowfox wrote:OK.

"There is nothing bigger than ourselves ie god."
Describing yourself as being the highest form and that there is nothing greater is the ultimate expression of ego. Again, get over yourself.

Until science can prove a method of spontaneous generation, i.e., making the animate from the inanimate, the breath of life is required.

It's interesting to me that a 'scientific theory' of evolution that has many gaps and extrapolates its conclusions regarding the beginning is presented as a 'proven fact'. As an engineer, I can not take a relative handful of data points at one end of a series (i.e. 'the last several million years') and extrapolate to provide any meaningful or conclusive data regarding the preceding infinite series (i.e. 'the several billion years before the data points'). It is the only scientific theory I am aware of that is allowed to be presented as fact and that students must learn as required curriculum despite the unproven nature of its tenents.

Additionally interesting is Evolutionists' resistance to the law of entropy in biological thermodynamics. Simply stated, entropy, the disorder of a system, will continually increase. In short, things de-volve rather than evolve. This is in direct opposition to evolutionary theory that organisms continue to evolve into more complex species.

No matter how far back you go, you will never find the single celled amoeba in my family tree.

Hahaha, that was a good laugh. Are there no gaps of information in your so called "good book"? Anyone with half a brain would agree with scientists' theories that electrostatic discharges created self replicating molecules that evolved into man with the help of natural selection. People rely too much on religion and the belief in higher powers these days. Religion (not all) is the sole purpose that our technologies and experiments with stem cell research has been hindered, experiments with cloning animal and plant cells for producing food and medicine also follow suite. Religion is too much about "right" and "wrong", and not enough about common sense. People don't need religion, they need common sense and education. Humans may not have evolved physically, but in the last 100 years we have still evolved mentally by leaps and bounds. Our modern-day communications, transportations, medical procedures, and construction abilities as sophisticated as they are, are being out-dated as we speak. Humans are still evolving with our minds, and it's these minds that will one day prove the theory of evolution and put your jesus stories on the same shelf as all the other fable stories. These are my opinions and my views on this subject, so bash me if you want as most God fearing people would. Darwin FTW. :baller:
[url=WaterCooledMilitia.com]http://watercooledmilitia.com/[/url]

snowfox
Forum Member

Postby snowfox » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:14 am

Sheesh!

OK, I don't feel like a douche nor do I feel like that I was 'poo slinging'. When I read "there is nothing greater than ourselves", I did not take that to include "trees, rocks, water, animals". I don't consider myself to be a tree, a rock, water, etcetera, nor do I suspect that a tree, rock, or water would be able to use the computer necessary to participate in this forum. Therefore, my assumption (yes I know the whole ASS-U-ME thing) was that 'ourselves' was pretty well restricted to humans. Is that a fair assumption? Apparently not. I apologize if I misunderstood your (OP) intended group of things or the concept you were trying to get across. Based on your clarification of what your original intent was, the 'get over yourself' comment is harsh - my apologies.

Best regards from the 'poo slinger' who didn't toss a 'FUCK YOU' to anyone-
1989 Fox Wagon GL

blkcorrado
Forum Member

Postby blkcorrado » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:23 am

snowfox wrote:Sheesh!

OK, I don't feel like a douche nor do I feel like that I was 'poo slinging'. When I read "there is nothing greater than ourselves", I did not take that to include "trees, rocks, water, animals". I don't consider myself to be a tree, a rock, water, etcetera, nor do I suspect that a tree, rock, or water would be able to use the computer necessary to participate in this forum. Therefore, my assumption (yes I know the whole ASS-U-ME thing) was that 'ourselves' was pretty well restricted to humans. Is that a fair assumption? Apparently not. I apologize if I misunderstood your (OP) intended group of things or the concept you were trying to get across. Based on your clarification of what your original intent was, the 'get over yourself' comment is harsh - my apologies.

Best regards from the 'poo slinger' who didn't toss a 'FUCK YOU' to anyone-

So, basically you do feel like a douche :aww:

you did call yourself an ass

snowfox
Forum Member

Postby snowfox » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:38 am

blkcorrado wrote:So, basically you do feel like a douche :aww:

you did call yourself an ass

Nope, not even close.

-and-

I guess I'll get the 'poo slinging' flame again because the ASS out of U and ME thing is calling someone else an ass, too. Whatever... :rolleyes:
1989 Fox Wagon GL

lunisport

Postby lunisport » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:54 am

SkunkWerks wrote:I have this theory. There is an all-knowing, all-seeing, omnipotent being or beings that have created everything we know. They are smart enough to think of evolution (and de-evolution!) and they know enough to make it all work, scientifically and spiritually so that we can come up with the theories that people have come up with.

They're called the "Q" on Star Trek TNG. :rofl:

zuhaelter_82

Postby zuhaelter_82 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:58 pm

1959, 1964,1998, 2000, 2001

HumboldtCorrado
Forum Member

Postby HumboldtCorrado » Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:05 pm

zuhaelter_82 wrote:Image

haha, that's f'ing sweet. (check that shit out! i didn't even say "fuck" right there! i'm getting better in my old age.. oh wait.. fuck..)

:wiggle:

(this post is because i don't have anything to add to this thread, but i enjoyed reading it, and i am all about taking away everyone's bandwidth)

FlyGTI

Postby FlyGTI » Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:57 pm

Which is better?....The 1.8T or the VR6? Christianity or Bhuddism? Muslim or Hindu? Who's right? Who's wrong? Burn the heretics! Kill the Atheists! Bleed the infidels!

Personally, I'm going with the VR6, for the exhaust note, if nothing else....Oh sorry....My back hurts and I'm taking opiates for pain. :evil:

HumboldtCorrado
Forum Member

For Sale:

Postby HumboldtCorrado » Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:00 pm

i have a dorito that looks like jesus. i am asking $5 shipped.

thank you.

BDF02M
Forum Member

Postby BDF02M » Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:40 pm

K9jetta wrote:nacho cheese jesus or cool ranch jesus?

Oh Jesus! :rolleyes:
:rofl:
Erik
2003 GLI VR6
2008 Yamaha R6
----------------

HumboldtCorrado
Forum Member

Postby HumboldtCorrado » Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:24 am

K9jetta wrote:nacho cheese jesus or cool ranch jesus?

Black (Pepper) Jesus. :)

si9ma25
Forum Member

Postby si9ma25 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:13 pm

hah, i'll pay 50 for it w/o shipping >=]

SIKE!

people actually sell those on ebay haha.
'79 Scirocco.
Keepin it oldschool :)

si9ma25@yahoo.com

jduarte
Forum Member

Postby jduarte » Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:48 pm

Anyone that's ever spent a good amount of time researching evolution will tell you that God (someone that is responsible for creating everything) is a hard case to make-to say the least.

I'm sure there was someone back in the day that was an amazing person-nice, intelligent, wise, compassionate etc. However, someone down the line decided to write his story, embelished a bit, and added their own agenda. The people that knew better were eventually silenced by time, leaving more and more corrupt people to interpret the word of God.

I don't know if anyone's seen the Fam Guy movie, but the scene were older Stewie goes back in time kind of sums it up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCy3FGlmaAU

Return to “The Parking Lot”