My VWs

Pics from the community
t0kie
Forum Member
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:48 pm
Location: 2001.5

My VWs

Postby t0kie » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:49 pm

Ive been member here for a while, but never post before (just lurking), I'm usually in Passatworld & Vortex. Here are some shots of mine:

The W8 Variant:

Image
Image
Image

The 03 GTI (my daily):

Image
Image

03 20thGTI
Posts: 1463
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2003 12:00 pm
Location: 2003

Postby 03 20thGTI » Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:11 pm

Dam... That Variant looks Tasty..... :yum: Nice Job.... :thumb: Are we going to see it at the 2008 BBQ?

lunisport
Posts: 2490
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:00 pm
Location: 2003
Contact:

Postby lunisport » Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:42 pm

I like the wheels, how big are they? I'm thinking of going 19s, but only because I saw 20's on a friend's Passat:

Image

1.8T on the left with 20s, W8 6 speed on the right on 17s :eyes:

t0kie
Forum Member
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:48 pm
Location: 2001.5

Postby t0kie » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:05 pm

03 20thGTI wrote:Dam... That Variant looks Tasty..... :yum: Nice Job.... :thumb: Are we going to see it at the 2008 BBQ?



Thanks Brian, I don't know about the 2008 BBQ, but I'll see you tonight at Pleasant Hill Kohl's GTG :thumb:

zero2sixtyr35
Forum Member
Posts: 992
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2004 9:35 pm
Location: 2000
Contact:

Postby zero2sixtyr35 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:15 pm

lunisport wrote:I like the wheels, how big are they? I'm thinking of going 19s, but only because I saw 20's on a friend's Passat:

Image

1.8T on the left with 20s, W8 6 speed on the right on 17s :eyes:


17's look good on your passat. 20's are too big for me.

anyway, back to topic... both vws look awesome especially the passat! :thumb:

t0kie
Forum Member
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:48 pm
Location: 2001.5

Postby t0kie » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:19 pm

lunisport wrote:I like the wheels, how big are they? I'm thinking of going 19s...


On my W8, they are 19's and I'm happy with how they sit & I did not lower it, since I had bad experience with my previous 1.8T variant- got totaled because hit something on Bay Bridge last year (note, it is 18's but looks bigger since it was lowered):

Image
Image

lunisport
Posts: 2490
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:00 pm
Location: 2003
Contact:

Postby lunisport » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:28 pm

t0kie wrote: (note, it is 18's but looks bigger since it was lowered):

Image


Those look nice, and there's even stretch! :thumb:

How wide are your 19s, and what offset? I'm thinking of some 8.5" wheels, but the offset is 42.

zero2sixtyr35 wrote:17's look good on your passat. 20's are too big for me.


Believe it or not, the 19s are Mei's idea :funny:

t0kie
Forum Member
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:48 pm
Location: 2001.5

Postby t0kie » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:32 pm

lunisport wrote:Those look nice, and there's even stretch! :thumb:

How wide are your 19s, and what offset? I'm thinking of some 8.5" wheels, but the offset is 42.



Believe it or not, the 19s are Mei's idea :funny:


They are et35, 19X8.5, with General Exclaim 235/35/19 tires

03 20thGTI
Posts: 1463
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2003 12:00 pm
Location: 2003

Postby 03 20thGTI » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:08 pm

t0kie wrote:Thanks Brian, I don't know about the 2008 BBQ, but I'll see you tonight at Pleasant Hill Kohl's GTG :thumb:



Can't make it out tonight... Are you going to the San Leandro meet? :wiggle:

t0kie
Forum Member
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:48 pm
Location: 2001.5

Postby t0kie » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:58 pm

03 20thGTI wrote:Can't make it out tonight... Are you going to the San Leandro meet? :wiggle:



When?

03 20thGTI
Posts: 1463
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2003 12:00 pm
Location: 2003

Postby 03 20thGTI » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:38 am

t0kie wrote:When?


Sunday April 20th....

t0kie
Forum Member
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:48 pm
Location: 2001.5

Postby t0kie » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:39 am

03 20thGTI wrote:Sunday April 20th....



Cool, I may make it, are you gonna be there too? Last night was quick & not too many cars, by 9:15 almost everyone has gone.

omllenado
Forum Member
Posts: 896
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:35 am
Location: 2001
Contact:

Postby omllenado » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:12 pm

t0kie wrote:Cool, I may make it, are you gonna be there too? Last night was quick & not too many cars, by 9:15 almost everyone has gone.


I was going but when I opened the garage is was sooo chilly and windy... :rofl:

Oh nice car bro... I like W8s

FckShoes
Forum Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:47 pm
Location: 2008

Postby FckShoes » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:44 pm

LOL, I was gonna go too, but had to help a friend out.

71aircooled
Forum Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:44 pm
Location: 1971

Postby 71aircooled » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:01 pm

heyy i see your cars around camelback in pleasant hill all the time.sweet passat.

t0kie
Forum Member
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:48 pm
Location: 2001.5

Postby t0kie » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:28 pm

71aircooled wrote:heyy i see your cars around camelback in pleasant hill all the time.sweet passat.


Thanks, I live around there. What car are you drivin'?


Return to “Photo Gallery”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest