great pictures!! bad news!!

Pics from the community
FamousEric
Forum Member

great pictures!! bad news!!

Postby FamousEric » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:18 pm

so i sold my mountain bike today, shopped around at Fry's and then just decided to come home. my car was all nice and washed so i took it out to the farmland that we have out here in Dixon down Midway. I ended up taking about 300 nothing less than awesome pictures. i was taking off from a stop sign only about a mile from my house and all of the sudden tragedy had taken my dub by suprise. i'm still investigating but from the looks of it, something was loose causing a 3" by 3" piece of aluminum to bust itself off the transmission, also a small ball (probably part of a bearing, made it's way to the ground. fuckin shitty day.

look for my wtb: transmission thread.

nonetheless, here are the pictures. more will come when they finish uploading.

pics are with my new canon rebel xsi, no special settings 18-55 lens

FamousEric
Forum Member

Postby FamousEric » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:37 pm

omllenado
Forum Member

Postby omllenado » Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:32 pm

Cross shaft roll pin or rivets broke?,... but that ball bearing could be from your axle...

FamousEric
Forum Member

Postby FamousEric » Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:51 pm

omllenado wrote:Cross shaft roll pin or rivets broke?,... but that ball bearing could be from your axle...

you're talking foreign to me...i've never dug in to a tranny...let alone a vw.

going through all my paperwork from purchasing the car....finding that i have a certified used vw warranty for 2/24k. this should be covered but i guess i'll find out when i take it in tomorrow.

any dealerships that anyone recommends? as long as it gets done correctly i'm willing to have this thing towed just about anywhere in norcal. (also noted, this will be transmission number 3 for this car)

DeviantDub
Forum Member

Postby DeviantDub » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:50 pm

DUDE!!! that sucks sorry to hear the bad news :( how did you get her home?? Hope everything works out for ya man
03 Silverstone Gray VW GTI VR6, 20th AE Front & Rear lips, Cupra R Front lip, R32 sideskirts & spoiler, 18" TSW Kyalami's, KW V2 coilovers, NeuSpeed 25mm F/S 28mm R/S, WRD Rear Upper Stress Bar, GIAC chip, AEM CAI, Magnaflow 2.5" exhaust, EIP Short shifter, Kamei eyelids, DEPO smoked Angel Eye Projector HID Headlights w/fogs & smoked Lamin-X, Rear Fog, Smoked markers, Black VW emblems, OEM light up Jetta vents, Audi TT pedals, OEM MKV Aero wiper kit, OEM Polo rear wiper, Freedom Design stubby

FamousEric
Forum Member

Postby FamousEric » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:14 pm

DeviantDub wrote:DUDE!!! that sucks sorry to hear the bad news :( how did you get her home?? Hope everything works out for ya man

good news. after investigating today (didn't do it yesterday because i was bummed..), i found that it's only an axle. i ordered one from kragen...and they price matched mjm (for $120).

got her home on a flat bed tow truck :( i was only ONE mile from home and it busted!

Return to “Photo Gallery”