Immobilizer Activiated

General Maintenance, Repair and Troubleshooting. Questions and DIY
desibrainp
Forum Member

Immobilizer Activiated

Postby desibrainp » Fri May 07, 2010 12:39 pm

Hi Everyone,

I have a 2000 Jetta Vr6 and after I swapped out my ECU, my immobilizer was activated and I can not run my car.

Just to give a story behind this, I had my original ecu chipped with upsolute. After chipping I had added a Cold Air Intake and new exhaust system From what i have read, I was under the impression that the values on the current ECU would not mesh well with the change in airflow and air intake there by causing my gas mileage to drop. But since the ECU chip was replaced with a different one, I can not take it anywhere to re-flash it as it is not the stock chip. So I found a used ECU module that I wanted to replace with my chipped one so I could flash an updated program with the parts I have in the car.

The Swapped out ECU number matched exactly with the original stock one with the upsolute chip.

I have seen out there that VAG-COM can reset this, but since I do not have one, I was wondering if I can rent it from someone in the Sacramento Area. Any help will be appreciated as I do not want to take it to the dealer to reprogram for $120 if i do not need to do that.

Return to “VW Technical & Repair”