Installing Eibach Sport Springs

Performance and tuning enhancements for your VW
ohsnap
Forum Member

Installing Eibach Sport Springs

Postby ohsnap » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:22 pm

I recently (like a month ago or so) picked up some Eibach Sport Springs that will fit any MK4 Jetta/GTI and I need some help installing them. I have NOWHERE near the right set of tools for doing this at home, so I was wondering if someone would be willing to help me out.

Im also willing to help put them on, since I still know nothing about my car except that its slow. :thumb:

ANY help is appreciated.
"The administrator has decided that ohsnap should be quiet for a while."

Help me get a MK4 GLI!

vwabbitman
Forum Member

Postby vwabbitman » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:41 pm

ohsnap wrote:I recently (like a month ago or so) picked up some Eibach Sport Springs that will fit any MK4 Jetta/GTI and I need some help installing them. I have NOWHERE near the right set of tools for doing this at home, so I was wondering if someone would be willing to help me out.

Im also willing to help put them on, since I still know nothing about my car except that its slow. :thumb:

ANY help is appreciated.

I have the facilities. Only problem is a 6-7 hour drive between us. But if ya wanna make the drive come on up.
www.humboldtvw.net
I hate hearing myself think when i drive...-tryNrunME
Im going on a bikeride, unless I change my mind before I get outside... :thumbup:-DubsportGTI
My Cars
BUY MY MKI PARTS

ohsnap
Forum Member

Postby ohsnap » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:47 pm

vwabbitman wrote:I have the facilities. Only problem is a 6-7 hour drive between us. But if ya wanna make the drive come on up.

Guh. 7 Hour Drive....... :eyes: Ill get to make good use of the Radar Detector at least.

But, I might have to take you up on that.

Help me get a MK4 GLI!

vwabbitman
Forum Member

Postby vwabbitman » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:53 pm

ohsnap wrote:Guh. 7 Hour Drive....... :eyes: Ill get to make good use of the Radar Detector at least.

But, I might have to take you up on that.

Only thing is you would have to find a place to stay since my parents dont like to let people i know stay over. :shoot: :hmm:

EDIT: on second thought you would be better off doing it down there since you would need to get a alignment after you do almost any suspension work.
www.humboldtvw.net
Im going on a bikeride, unless I change my mind before I get outside... :thumbup:-DubsportGTI
My Cars
BUY MY MKI PARTS

ohsnap
Forum Member

Postby ohsnap » Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:31 pm

vwabbitman wrote:Only thing is you would have to find a place to stay since my parents dont like to let people i know stay over. :shoot: :hmm:

EDIT: on second thought you would be better off doing it down there since you would need to get a alignment after you do almost any suspension work.

Yeah, thats true. :eyes: My backyard is set up perfect to do this work in, lots of space, tent space for about 3 cars total, just no tools.

Help me get a MK4 GLI!

ohsnap
Forum Member

Postby ohsnap » Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:17 pm

K9jetta wrote:are these Eibach Pro-Kit springs, or the Eibach "Sport" springs you can get through VW? either way (but particularly if it's the former) you should wait until you get some good quality shocks/struts to pair them with, as the OEM ones are not really up to the task

Theyre the OEM ones, so Ill be taking care of everything else while working on them, or Id be better off selling them since I have no moolah to do this with.

Help me get a MK4 GLI!

flip2jetta
Forum Member

Postby flip2jetta » Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:56 pm

find or buy a spreader tool, removing the front struts from the mount is what holds everyone up when installing springs. Ask me how I know :rolleyes:

First time without the tool took me 6 hours, with two people. Second time with the tool by myself only took 2.5

ohsnap
Forum Member

Postby ohsnap » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:04 pm

flip2jetta wrote:find or buy a spreader tool, removing the front struts from the mount is what holds everyone up when installing springs. Ask me how I know :rolleyes:

First time without the tool took me 6 hours, with two people. Second time with the tool by myself only took 2.5

-wants to know how you know- :rofl:

Blah. God knows Ill mess this up if I do it, so I need someone to help me. :thumb:

Help me get a MK4 GLI!

flip2jetta
Forum Member

Postby flip2jetta » Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:03 am

Where you located? I may be able to supervise :p

Don't be intimidated by the job, it's really not that hard...not having the right tools just makes it harder than it has to be.

ohsnap
Forum Member

Postby ohsnap » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:35 pm

flip2jetta wrote:Where you located? I may be able to supervise :p

Don't be intimidated by the job, it's really not that hard...not having the right tools just makes it harder than it has to be.

Eh, I sold them already. Some guy is coming to pick them up this weekend for either his GTI or an NB project.

Help me get a MK4 GLI!

vwabbitman
Forum Member

Postby vwabbitman » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:40 pm

ohsnap wrote:Eh, I sold them already. Some guy is coming to pick them up this weekend for either his GTI or an NB project.

Hey more money for parts. Good deal. How much did you sell them for?
www.humboldtvw.net
My Cars
BUY MY MKI PARTS

ohsnap
Forum Member

Postby ohsnap » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:45 pm

vwabbitman wrote:Hey more money for parts. Good deal. How much did you sell them for?

Same I bought them for, 80 bucks. :thumb: They only rattled around in my trunk for like a couple weeks.

Help me get a MK4 GLI!

diz_gti
Forum Member

Postby diz_gti » Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:03 am

i had eibach sportline another inch lower than sport with KYB gr2 gas strut. very smooth and firm
www.badubs.com

voltairejayme
Forum Member

Postby voltairejayme » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:09 am

you can also rent tools from an auto supply store like autozone... successfully did the rears myself with a friend's help of course. TST did my fronts.

Return to “VW Performance Upgrades & Tuning”