MAF problems?

Performance and tuning enhancements for your VW
scooterpeople
Forum Member

MAF problems?

Postby scooterpeople » Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:08 am

2000 Golf 2.0, Neuspeed SuperCharger.

My car is running like crap again. It's been good for sooo long. Now it's very rough when cold and misfires all to heck when I floor it. Just had a tune up in nov and used the Iridium Spark Plugs. Should I replace the 02 sensors and MAF?

I know the MAF was a common problem before the recall. Mine was replace during the recall in like 2001.

I'm going to take it to the shop this week for tires, fuel filter change, and an oil change.

Just want to know what people think before I talk to the guy.

thanks

vwabbitman
Forum Member

Postby vwabbitman » Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:22 am

Find soeone with a VAGCOM that knows how to use it and ask them to hook it up to your car. You can buy then on http://www.ross-tech.com if you want but $250 :whoa: I bought one a few weeks ago mainly because I live so far from anyone that has one. It helped me diagnois a few problems I had.
www.humboldtvw.net
I hate hearing myself think when i drive...-tryNrunME
Im going on a bikeride, unless I change my mind before I get outside... :thumbup:-DubsportGTI
My Cars
BUY MY MKI PARTS

DeviantDub
Forum Member

Postby DeviantDub » Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:06 am

Sureguy wrote:Unplug it and see if it runs better. There is a test you can do if you have a scan tool. You can read the Grams per Second and correlate to a graph I have and see if it's within spec.

Yeah my buddy told me to do that when i had problems with my MAF, if you unplug it and start her up and it runs better its most likely a bad MAF... and yeah like vwabbitman, but better, you can buy the OBD2 cable online on ebay for 25$, and then just get the rosstech vagcom program license for 99$ for a complete vagcom system of your own for a grand total of about 125$, half price than buying it direct from rosstech, i got the cable, now i need to buy the program :thumb:
03 Silverstone Gray VW GTI VR6, 20th AE Front & Rear lips, Cupra R Front lip, R32 sideskirts & spoiler, 18" TSW Kyalami's, KW V2 coilovers, NeuSpeed 25mm F/S 28mm R/S, WRD Rear Upper Stress Bar, GIAC chip, AEM CAI, Magnaflow 2.5" exhaust, EIP Short shifter, Kamei eyelids, DEPO smoked Angel Eye Projector HID Headlights w/fogs & smoked Lamin-X, Rear Fog, Smoked markers, Black VW emblems, OEM light up Jetta vents, Audi TT pedals, OEM MKV Aero wiper kit, OEM Polo rear wiper, Freedom Design stubby

scooterpeople
Forum Member

Postby scooterpeople » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:49 am

Actually, a friend just told me about unplugging the MAF. I did and it ran better.

So I ordered one from German Auto Parts for $75. I just got it today and did a midnight install, and unplugged the battery.

Still runs like crap. Albeit a little smoother at idle.

So now I'm thinking that maybe it's maybe the connector. It looks like they may fiddled with when I had the MAF replaced back in 2002 under warrantee.

Does anyone think it may be an 02 sensor or bad fuel pump. It sputters when I roll onto the throttle. I always run 91.

Thanks for your advice.

scooterpeople
Forum Member

Postby scooterpeople » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:19 am

I will check that, thanks

scooterpeople
Forum Member

Postby scooterpeople » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:01 am

It was the coil pack. Now my car runs like a champ again. :clap:

Turtle-Dude

Postby Turtle-Dude » Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:26 pm

scooterpeople wrote:It was the coil pack. Now my car runs like a champ again. :clap:

You get around to fixing your own car about as fast as I do...more work on other peoples' than my own...grrrr
Turtle

Thanks to:
Techtonics Tuning

Check out:
United States Naval Sea Cadet Corps

aggiepm wrote:What is Quaife? isn't that a vaginal fart?

Return to “VW Performance Upgrades & Tuning”