good deal?

Postby Phatsamurai » Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:37 pm

or crap.

you guys are the tech experts what do you think of these
coil overs
suck my what!!!!!

lunisport

Postby lunisport » Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:44 pm

Personally, I wouldn't touch them. they may be similar to Ground Control setup (or not) but at least I know the history of Ground Control and know the ppl will take care of me. Not to say I haven't bought stuff off EBay, but I only bought Bilstein shocks or anything name brand that I knew the reputation of.

For that price, I'd opt for some used mk3 springs. You can get some neuspeed or eibach or H&R.

Phatsamurai
Forum Member

Postby Phatsamurai » Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:24 am

lol

I looked at ground control good prices
suck my what!!!!!

Phatsamurai
Forum Member

Postby Phatsamurai » Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:25 am

is there anything I need to know before I change the springs, Like additional parts or bushings I need to get?
suck my what!!!!!

HumboldtCorrado
Forum Member

Postby HumboldtCorrado » Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:32 am

i agree. stick with name brand stuff, especially if it's for something that you're putting your life at risk with, like when dealing with suspension...
if you're set on coilovers, have you checked out vmaxx?

http://www.stratmosphere.com/vmaxx.htm

under $600, and you can drop it up to 85mm or so? (if that's what you're looking to do). sure, they aren't koni's, H&R's, or B&G's, but they are half the price... there's quite a few people on whoretex rocking these, and i don't think there have been too many negative things... might be worth checking into. :thumb:
i personally haven't used them, but you can do a bunch of research on vortex. good luck.

HumboldtCorrado
Forum Member

Postby HumboldtCorrado » Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:35 am

Phatsamurai wrote:is there anything I need to know before I change the springs, Like additional parts or bushings I need to get?

probably going to want to check into replacing your control arm bushings, as well as upper shock mounts/bushings/bearings. while you're there, check and make sure your balljoints and tierod ends are good as well, as they're cheap, and easy to replace, especially if you're changing out suspension stuff anyway.

Phatsamurai
Forum Member

Postby Phatsamurai » Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:41 pm

thanks guys, th lower balls aren new. I am putting it up on a rack next week to go over the entire front end with a fine tooth comb.

once agan you guys are awsome!

Phatsamurai
suck my what!!!!!

Return to “VW Performance Upgrades & Tuning”