Turbo....

Performance and tuning enhancements for your VW
ivor_carcamo
Forum Member

Turbo....

Postby ivor_carcamo » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:09 am

Hey guys, I know it's been a while, but here I go again...
What are the reprecussions of my turbo leaking, and how do I fix it? Could this cause white smoke to blow out of my exhaust when i take off after the car idles for about 10 minutes, the smoke goes away, but if I let it idle again for about 10 minutes it blows out more smoke. Also the oil comsumption is really high, obviously due to the oil leak, is the turbo bad, do I need to change it?
"Yea, though I drive in the Valley of the Shadow of the V8, I shall fear no V8 for the Inline 4 is with me. Thy 1.8 liters and thy K04 comfort me. Thou shall prepare boost at my call against the V8 that troubles me. Thou annointest my Inline 4 with Mobil One Oil, and my psi shall runneth over. Thy loving smoothness and torqueness shall follow me all the days of my
driving and I will dwell in the house of the Inline 4 Turbo forever!!!!!!"

omllenado
Forum Member

Postby omllenado » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:14 am

Oil seal on the turbo... you can get a rebuild kit but it needs to be balanced, or have it rebuilt, but for a lot less money just replace it with a low mileage used turbo and just cross your finger. They sell for $200 up depending on the mileage but I would get something with a less than 40k miles on it.

Turtle-Dude

Postby Turtle-Dude » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:29 pm

omllenado wrote:Oil seal on the turbo... you can get a rebuild kit but it needs to be balanced, or have it rebuilt, but for a lot less money just replace it with a low mileage used turbo and cross your finger. They sell for $200 up depending on the mileage but I would get something with a less than 40k miles on it.

What he said...yes the turbo needs fixing...whether by replacement or rebuild.
Turtle

Thanks to:
Techtonics Tuning

Check out:
United States Naval Sea Cadet Corps

aggiepm wrote:What is Quaife? isn't that a vaginal fart?

ivor_carcamo
Forum Member

Postby ivor_carcamo » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:36 am

Sometimes looks blue sometimes white, more white than blue....
"Yea, though I drive in the Valley of the Shadow of the V8, I shall fear no V8 for the Inline 4 is with me. Thy 1.8 liters and thy K04 comfort me. Thou shall prepare boost at my call against the V8 that troubles me. Thou annointest my Inline 4 with Mobil One Oil, and my psi shall runneth over. Thy loving smoothness and torqueness shall follow me all the days of my

ivor_carcamo
Forum Member

Postby ivor_carcamo » Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:38 am

Definetely blue......

ivor_carcamo
Forum Member

Postby ivor_carcamo » Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:17 am

I've also got a boost gauge installed and at the cooper T fitting, I can see oil coming out. The T is at the FPR and Intake Manifold location, which leads me to believe that somehow oil must everywhere in the intake tract, what could this be due to?

ivor_carcamo
Forum Member

Postby ivor_carcamo » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:30 am

I was told that these cars DON"T have PCV valves
where can I find it? What does it look like?

ivor_carcamo
Forum Member

Postby ivor_carcamo » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:36 am

So I should have my entire turbo and PCV system checked. Is there any area in general that this occurs in, along that system?

ivor_carcamo
Forum Member

Postby ivor_carcamo » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:43 am

oK, thanks. I'll double check my PCV system. What should I do about the Turbo, is this a good opportunity to upgrade the Turbo? Could it be a compression problem?

ivor_carcamo
Forum Member

Postby ivor_carcamo » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:01 pm

I want a Turbo upgrade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My car went out Saturday. Something (plastic) on the left side of the motor, under the intake manifold, broke and spilled out oil everywhere. I found oil inside the intake manifold and the hoses, going thru the FPR and so on. What do I do now?

Turtle-Dude

Postby Turtle-Dude » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:11 pm

I wonder which Holset turbo would be best trimmed for these things?!?!? Any ideas.
Turtle

Thanks to:

Techtonics Tuning

Check out:

United States Naval Sea Cadet Corps

aggiepm wrote:What is Quaife? isn't that a vaginal fart?

ivor_carcamo
Forum Member

Postby ivor_carcamo » Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:58 am

How much for either and which one would be best? What other build up costs would be incurred for either one also? Like rebuilding the block and internals, would this be necessary?

Return to “VW Performance Upgrades & Tuning”