Rattlecan-like/Growl Noise

Performance and tuning enhancements for your VW
ohsnap
Forum Member

Rattlecan-like/Growl Noise

Postby ohsnap » Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:08 pm

Engine: 2.0L

The jet has been making this odd growl/rattlecan noise for awhile now, and I dunno if it was making it before. It couldve, but its gotten louder as the miles have rolled by. It got extremely annoying today when I was just doing around town driving. It only happens when accelerating. It stops as soon as the car hits anywhere over 40 mph. If theres anyone local thatd be willing to help me figure it out, I can bring the car by and let you hear it/drive.

There doesnt appear to be any leaks or loss of power, just an extremely annoying noise.

I was told it could be the heat shield, but idk.

Any help is appreciated.

1.8tjettaman
Forum Member

Postby 1.8tjettaman » Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:31 pm

if it seems to be coming from under your butt or center console it could be you heat shield or even your cat failing. Just FYI. Bring it to the going away party if you can. Nothing like alcoholic diagnostics :)
Platinum Grey GLI...Revo software...Forge Spacer...smoked side makers/bumper markers

ohsnap
Forum Member

Postby ohsnap » Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:32 pm

1.8tjettaman wrote:if it seems to be coming from under your butt or center console it could be you heat shield or even your cat failing. Just FYI. Bring it to the going away party if you can. Nothing like alcoholic diagnostics :)

I wont be at the party haha. I have work and family shtuff.

ohsnap
Forum Member

Postby ohsnap » Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:00 pm

Sureguy wrote:axles, cat, ran over a cat?

It almost sounds like the axle. Idk, you working tomarrow so I can bring it by? Or should I just take it to Bob if hes open?

Return to “VW Performance Upgrades & Tuning”