Severe tranny (tip) problem!!!!!

Performance and tuning enhancements for your VW
ivor_carcamo
Forum Member

Severe tranny (tip) problem!!!!!

Postby ivor_carcamo » Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:10 am

My tranny is dropping gears! When i come to an abrupt stop the tranny drops the what ever gear it's in, it takes about 15-20 seconds to pick it back up. I've tried to drive in tip and you can see when even when you downshift it'll go up in gear instead of down and if you accelarate then the entire gear display lights up. Has anyone else gone through this before? COuld it be a software problem or a mechanical issue...? Please help desperate....
"Yea, though I drive in the Valley of the Shadow of the V8, I shall fear no V8 for the Inline 4 is with me. Thy 1.8 liters and thy K04 comfort me. Thou shall prepare boost at my call against the V8 that troubles me. Thou annointest my Inline 4 with Mobil One Oil, and my psi shall runneth over. Thy loving smoothness and torqueness shall follow me all the days of my
driving and I will dwell in the house of the Inline 4 Turbo forever!!!!!!"

ivor_carcamo
Forum Member

Postby ivor_carcamo » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:39 pm

thanks sureguy, but how would it get wet? and even after redrying would it keep doing that? I live in Austin, Texas, not much flooding going on here. ever. If it did get wet, what's the remedy? Also there's a faint rattling sound now...any ideas? what do i pull codes with, the OBD ll scanner won't do it?
"Yea, though I drive in the Valley of the Shadow of the V8, I shall fear no V8 for the Inline 4 is with me. Thy 1.8 liters and thy K04 comfort me. Thou shall prepare boost at my call against the V8 that troubles me. Thou annointest my Inline 4 with Mobil One Oil, and my psi shall runneth over. Thy loving smoothness and torqueness shall follow me all the days of my

ivor_carcamo
Forum Member

Postby ivor_carcamo » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:46 pm

thanks sureguy, sounds like your wife just had a baby, if that's the case, congrats...

Return to “VW Performance Upgrades & Tuning”