sugesstions on suspension

Performance and tuning enhancements for your VW
DSTNGUgolf
Forum Member
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:51 am
Location: 1985

sugesstions on suspension

Postby DSTNGUgolf » Mon May 11, 2009 10:18 pm

anyone have any sugestions on wat i should run on my mk2 golf 4dr?

diz_gti
Forum Member
Posts: 2809
Joined: Sat May 27, 2006 11:39 pm
Location: 1996
Contact:

Postby diz_gti » Mon May 11, 2009 10:40 pm

i love my FK streetline coilovers. its
how much you wana spend is the question.
www.badubs.com

DSTNGUgolf
Forum Member
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:51 am
Location: 1985

well

Postby DSTNGUgolf » Mon May 11, 2009 11:00 pm

diz_gti wrote:i love my FK streetline coilovers. its
how much you wana spend is the question.

well im not planning on tracking it just dd..something 500 or below

diz_gti
Forum Member
Posts: 2809
Joined: Sat May 27, 2006 11:39 pm
Location: 1996
Contact:

Postby diz_gti » Mon May 11, 2009 11:12 pm

iwould say FK streetline. i have it. rides nice you can hit up VB autohaus
they in tracy. ask for MATT.
www.badubs.com

lunisport
Posts: 2490
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:00 pm
Location: 2003
Contact:

Postby lunisport » Mon May 11, 2009 11:40 pm

I have some B&G springs I'll let go for cheap, then you can go get some sport shocks. Cup kits are good as the shocks and springs are matched, as well as the adjustable coil over kits.

diz_gti
Forum Member
Posts: 2809
Joined: Sat May 27, 2006 11:39 pm
Location: 1996
Contact:

Postby diz_gti » Tue May 12, 2009 8:52 am

lunisport wrote:as well as the adjustable coil over kits.

Ebay buy it $18.99 free shipping :rofl:
www.badubs.com

DSTNGUgolf
Forum Member
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:51 am
Location: 1985

Postby DSTNGUgolf » Wed May 13, 2009 1:36 pm

Sureguy wrote:i have weitec coilovers on my mk2 vr. i love them.

how much those run?

DSTNGUgolf
Forum Member
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:51 am
Location: 1985

Postby DSTNGUgolf » Wed May 13, 2009 1:50 pm

lunisport wrote:I have some B&G springs I'll let go for cheap, then you can go get some sport shocks. Cup kits are good as the shocks and springs are matched, as well as the adjustable coil over kits.

how much?

omllenado
Forum Member
Posts: 896
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:35 am
Location: 2001
Contact:

Postby omllenado » Wed May 13, 2009 2:01 pm


DSTNGUgolf
Forum Member
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:51 am
Location: 1985

Postby DSTNGUgolf » Wed May 13, 2009 4:20 pm

Sureguy wrote:exactly! Plus the MK3 VR ones hold up the Mk2 VR really well.

will gti coil sleves fit my stock shocks untill i get aftermarket shocks..or does any one have shocks for sale
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/pts/1167971776.html

lunisport
Posts: 2490
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:00 pm
Location: 2003
Contact:

Postby lunisport » Wed May 13, 2009 7:18 pm

DSTNGUgolf wrote:will gti coil sleves fit my stock shocks untill i get aftermarket shocks..or does any one have shocks for sale
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/pts/1167971776.html


If those are Ground Control they'll be OK, other kits aren't so good.

As for the B&G springs, $40?

DSTNGUgolf
Forum Member
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:51 am
Location: 1985

Postby DSTNGUgolf » Wed May 13, 2009 7:46 pm

lunisport wrote:If those are Ground Control they'll be OK, other kits aren't so good.

As for the B&G springs, $40?

hmm how much of a drop does it give?

omllenado
Forum Member
Posts: 896
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:35 am
Location: 2001
Contact:

Postby omllenado » Wed May 13, 2009 11:18 pm

Ground controls good and I had them before while b&g has been around for quite a while and are good too. B&G coils usually lowers the car to 1.4"-1.6" and are progressive springs. Ground controls use eibach linear springs and are height adjustables.

DSTNGUgolf
Forum Member
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:51 am
Location: 1985

Postby DSTNGUgolf » Thu May 14, 2009 10:30 am

omllenado wrote:Ground controls good and I had them before while b&g has been around for quite a while and are good too. B&G coils usually lowers the car to 1.4"-1.6" and are progressive springs. Ground controls use eibach linear springs and are height adjustables.

thanks man

DSTNGUgolf
Forum Member
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:51 am
Location: 1985

Postby DSTNGUgolf » Thu May 14, 2009 4:22 pm

anyone got shocks for sale


Return to “VW Performance Upgrades & Tuning”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest