rolling Rustoleum on meine auto

Non-Performance Related Topics(i.e. lights, bodykits, etc.)
robdog
Forum Member

rolling Rustoleum on meine auto

Postby robdog » Tue May 24, 2011 6:13 pm

I am thinking of painting my '95 Golf using Rustoleum. I have read articles & seen videos on the subject. I believe I cad do this. Anyone have any ideas before I take this endeavor??

lunisport

Re: rolling Rustoleum on meine auto

Postby lunisport » Fri May 27, 2011 4:50 pm

You're going to roll it on? I personally have shot my car in satin Krylon with pretty good results. I tried spraying parts with satin Rustoleum and it didn't come out the same; very hard to work with, pretty runny.

What color are you thinking? Chances are Krylon has a similar color, and if you rattle can it, it will actually look decent with good prep.

robdog
Forum Member

Postby robdog » Fri May 27, 2011 10:08 pm

lunisport wrote:You're going to roll it on? I personally have shot my car in satin Krylon with pretty good results. I tried spraying parts with satin Rustoleum and it didn't come out the same; very hard to work with, pretty runny.

What color are you thinking? Chances are Krylon has a similar color, and if you rattle can it, it will actually look decent with good prep.

Nope, I am going to roll it. I will use Royal Blue in honor of Chelsea Football Club. I know, I am crazy. Yes, I am fanatic :hmm:

robdog
Forum Member

Postby robdog » Sat May 28, 2011 8:25 am

DragonJetta wrote:I've seen it done. In fact my friends did their cars that way but, they later decided to buy a spray gun.

How did it turn out???

lunisport

Postby lunisport » Sun May 29, 2011 9:56 am

robdog wrote:Nope, I am going to roll it. I will use Royal Blue in honor of Chelsea Football Club. I know, I am crazy. Yes, I am fanatic :hmm:

I shot my Corrado with Satin Oxford Blue, which I'm guessing is a bit darker than Royal.

In progress:

Finished product, sorta ;)

robdog
Forum Member

Postby robdog » Sun May 29, 2011 10:10 am

lunisport wrote:
robdog wrote:Nope, I am going to roll it. I will use Royal Blue in honor of Chelsea Football Club. I know, I am crazy. Yes, I am fanatic :hmm:

Finished product, sorta ;)

Sick.....Good job. I bet you didn't pay the $800 quote from Earl Scheib;)

lunisport

Postby lunisport » Sun May 29, 2011 10:53 am

robdog wrote:Sick.....Good job. I bet you didn't pay the $800 quote from Earl Scheib;)

Nah, was done all in my driveway. Took a long time because of the prep and weather, which is why I did it in stages, but it's all rattle canned. $3/can at Walmart, so the nickname of the color is "Walmart Blue"

:funny:

robdog
Forum Member

Postby robdog » Sun May 29, 2011 2:09 pm

lunisport wrote:
robdog wrote:Sick.....Good job. I bet you didn't pay the $800 quote from Earl Scheib;)

Nah, was done all in my driveway. Took a long time because of the prep and weather, which is why I did it in stages, but it's all rattle canned. $3/can at Walmart, so the nickname of the color is "Walmart Blue"

:funny:

:rolf: Nice. Good job nonetheless. Image

Return to “VW Non-Performance”