Doesnt want to die in the fog.

Non-Performance Related Topics(i.e. lights, bodykits, etc.)
kosherbacon
Forum Member

Doesnt want to die in the fog.

Postby kosherbacon » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:00 am

So I was driving around in the fog a while ago, unable to see squat and I says to my self "Self, surely there's a better way?"

I'm lookin at getting some aftermarket/universal foglamps for my gti onepointeightee and was wondering if anyone has any experiences and/or recommendations on products to get. I'm looking for a good compromise between small size, functionality, and price.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated :wave:

HumboldtCorrado
Forum Member

Postby HumboldtCorrado » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:15 am

if i didn't already have fogs in my headlights, i'd go with either stock or Hella Micro DE's. although.. we do have a grip of fog up here, and i've had foglights on all my last few dubs, and they don't make that much of a difference in the thick stuff (which is pretty much all we have up here).

lunisport

Postby lunisport » Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:07 am

kosherbacon wrote:I'm lookin at getting some aftermarket/universal foglamps for my gti onepointeightee and was wondering if anyone has any experiences and/or recommendations on products to get. I'm looking for a good compromise between small size, functionality, and price.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated :wave:

Going from US spec headlights to euro-spec headlights made a big difference. If you use euro silverstar bulbs (20% brighter than Us silverstars, get them on ebay) you'll have an even better light. Why not keep the car looking somewhat stock and just get e-code headlights and the fog light wiring and euro switch?

I'm guessing you'll spend a bit more than you would with the micro DEs, but then you have to take into account that some of the DEs you'll see for sale won't have the mounting grill for the GTI, and that's another expense. And what if you go with a different front bumper? Too many possibilities, eheh.

I'm sure you can find some e-code headlights with fogs for a decent price used. I'm actually going to put up for sale soon a set of 20AE headlights (smoked,fogs) but they're US spec beam.

BTW, did you know, the more yellow the light, the better you see? Case in point, Lexus fogs. They're really yellow, and because of that I bought some yellow H3 (fog) bulbs. They make a huge difference!

So, try any combination of the above, starting with the bulbs, then moving on to euro lights, then external fogs. Just my suggestion.

(You could go crazy and run HID fogs :eyes: )

si9ma25
Forum Member

Postby si9ma25 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:04 pm

hahaha HID fogs, you one crazy mofo Ermin
'79 Scirocco.
Keepin it oldschool :)

si9ma25@yahoo.com

Return to “VW Non-Performance”