Ideas please for 02 Jetta 1.8t

Performance and tuning enhancements for your VW
slowmofo
Forum Member

Ideas please for 02 Jetta 1.8t

Postby slowmofo » Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:54 pm

I love this car to death. I do all the maintenance, read up on crap that should be known on this car, yet i had the damn thing break down on me 3 times. So no more play it safe; I'm euro tuning this baby. COIL PACKS SUCK major donkey ass! Had 6 gone out on me. I need some suggestions on better packs and ones that I can bolt or tie down.

For suspension, I want the nice wheel gap gone not street-slammed or granny-tranny the floor but a nice clean look. Also I want to make sure steering is up to par: not too stiff but not loose. I had a wheel alignment with new tires and the car wobbles still. Could it be weight balance on the wheels?

PCV valve blew up on me. I got those hoses/ tubes replaced with the good stuff already, cost an arm and a leg.

I want to replace the fly wheel any suggestions?

How hard is it to change the turbo inlet pipe?

Last but not least, I want the GLI kit for my car. I want this to scream class all around.

slowmofo
Forum Member

Postby slowmofo » Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:55 pm

oh a mr.spell checker for my car would be nice as well for myself

lunisport

Postby lunisport » Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:59 am

Nice laundry list there, Aaron :funny:

GLI kit I think I can get for you, what color is your car?

Turbo Inlet Pipe shouldn't be too bad.

Some people go with a lightened G60 (supercharged 1.8 motor on the Corrados) flywheel.

Suspension will vary based on your budget, but a 1.5" drop would look nice. Coilovers would be a nice touch, but those are usually more expensive, but ride better.

Don't know what to say about coilpacks, I replaced the ones on my 24v with OEM parts, are you using factory parts or stuff from like Kragen/Pepboys?

BTW, there's someone on BARF with the SN Slowpoker, would you know who that is?

lunisport

Postby lunisport » Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:07 am

slowmofo wrote:oh a mr.spell checker for my car would be nice as well for myself

That's what I'm here for :rofl:

Edited as much as I could understand :thumb:

omllenado
Forum Member

Postby omllenado » Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:57 am

lunisport wrote:Nice laundry list there, Aaron :funny:

GLI kit I think I can get for you, what color is your car?

Turbo Inlet Pipe shouldn't be too bad.

Some people go with a lightened G60 (supercharged 1.8 motor on the Corrados) flywheel.

Suspension will vary based on your budget, but a 1.5" drop would look nice. Coilovers would be a nice touch, but those are usually more expensive, but ride better.

Don't know what to say about coilpacks, I replaced the ones on my 24v with OEM parts, are you using factory parts or stuff from like Kragen/Pepboys?

BTW, there's someone on BARF with the SN Slowpoker, would you know who that is?

turbo inlet pipe: it's a breezy, but getting that small allen bolt out might be a little tricky. I've done it a couple of times when I replaced the turbo on my old 1.8T 3 times.

Clutch replacement on a 1.8t is a breezy, just takes a lot of work.

A matched cupkit rides better, if you just wanna get low get the cheap fk streetlines, joms, vmazz... rides great on a smooth rode but they tend to get bouncy on uneven pavements.

I used a g60 flywheel with a centerforce clutch= grippy, a vr6 clutch is also an upgrade.

diz_gti
Forum Member

Postby diz_gti » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:29 am

omllenado wrote:turbo inlet pipe: it's a breezy, but getting that small allen bolt out might be a little tricky. I've done it a couple of times when I replaced the turbo on my old 1.8T 3 times.

fk streetlines, joms, vmazz... rides great on a smooth rode but they tend to get bouncy on uneven pavements. .

i have FK Streetlines on my mk3. in my experiance compared to my old setup weitec springs with bilstiens, the FK does seem to ride a little more stiffer, but i like it just the way it is.
www.badubs.com

Return to “VW Performance Upgrades & Tuning”